11 Jan New year, new video, new website!
2016 is off to a great start here at G Day HQ, with a brand new video and website.
The website even has a fun new URL: gday.world, to reflect our global ambitions. Gday.world beautifully showcases our incredible visual assets: Madeline Ell’s fabulous videos and Wendy D’s moving photos.
We have added more information about adolescence, rites of passage and the G Day experience. I am particularly fond of the new home page slide show, which tells our story in words and images:
- Celebrating girls transition into adolescence
- Supporting parents and caregivers
- Gathering together in community
- Sharing our stories and wisdom
Major ups to Tiffany Ng for her persistence and creativity on this project. We were also supported by Susie Poulsen’s copywriting. It takes a Village!
We are also beyond thrilled to announce Madeline Ell’s latest video. To date, her work has focused around capturing the unique feeling of each G Day with the addition of a particular aspect or perspective.
As a brief recap:
- Vancouver Spring 2014: our first-ever event, as described by girl participants
- Vancouver Fall 2014: perspectives on adolescence from volunteers and our MC
- Toronto 2015: our first all-day Champions program made for a day of magic
- Toronto Champions: a moving account of the G Day experience from two Champions
- Victoria 2015: Madeleine shares her own adolescent experience, the inspiration for G Day
Using footage from the Fall 2015 Vancouver event, including interviews with Girls, Champions and Presenters, the new video expresses what G Day is as a movement. Enjoy, and be sure to let us know what you think!